My Office Manager sent this email to the company today…
Will you help me celebrate my mom’s birthday?
My mom is going to be 104 this month; when she was 85, I started doing creative things to try to make each birthday special – little did I know that I would still be striving for special 19 years later!
This year’s idea is a “card shower”. I have been contacting friends and family around the country to request birthday cards; even suggesting they solicit cards from their friends. Goal is 104 cards!
Facts about Edna:
- She was born April 20, 1909
- She remembers the end of World War 1
- She remembers the headlines about Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Earheart, and Seabiscuit
- She worked through the Great Depression
- She lived in Chicago during the Roaring Twenties (Al Capone, St. Valentine’s Day Massacre); went to Speakeasys and drank bathtub gin
- She traveled to Hawaii when the only way to get was by boat
She currently lives alone in an apartment and has no ailments (HOW CAN THAT BE!!!). When we play cards, she can add up the score in her head as fast as the rest of us! Please help celebrate this special lady’s birthday. Thanks!
Let’s make it 204 people! If you want to participate, message me here or on Facebook for her address. I’d rather not put it out on a public blog.
If you want to send a dude from Golden Banana BirthdayGrams, message me here or on Facebook for my address.
What? I have to hold auditions.